We invite you to join your fellow clinicians to learn about cutting-edge best practices in cardiovascular care. Minneapolis Heart Institute® providers will discuss topics in prevention, diagnosis, management and treatment of cardiovascular conditions. Physicians, advanced practice providers, nurses and clinical support staff are welcome to attend. All events are free of charge.
6:00 – 6:30 p.m. | Sign-in, exhibitors and cocktail social
6:30 – 8:30 p.m. | Dinner and presentations
Host William Katsiyiannis, MD, Electrophysiologist
President and Chairman of Cardiology, Minneapolis Heart Institute; Vice President, Allina Health Cardiovascular Services
Transcatheter Mitral and Tricuspid Therapy
Paul Sorajja, MD, Interventional Cardiologist
• Recall indications and outcomes for transcatheter mitral interventions
• Describe research innovations for tricuspid regurgitation
• Discuss the natural history of untreated TR
Complex Coronary Interventions
Emmanouil Brilakis, MD, PhD, Interventional Cardiologist
• Understand the spectrum of complex coronary interventions
• Identify potential candidates for complex coronary interventions
• Discuss treatment options and outcomes of coronary interventions
Surgical Therapies for Heart Disease
Robert Steffen, MD, Cardiothoracic Surgeon
• Outline indications for cardiac surgical intervention
• Discuss options for treating coronary artery disease, valvular heart disease, aortic disease, and HF
• Describe novel techniques for treating complex heart disease
Allina Health is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Allina Health designates this live activity for a maximum of 2.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ Physicians should claim only credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity has been designed to meet the Minnesota Board of Nursing continuing education requirements for 2.0 hours of credit. However, the individual is responsible for determining whether this activity meets the requirements for acceptable continuing education for their discipline. In addition, you may be required to provide proof of attendance to the board upon request.
Individuals representing other professional disciplines may submit course materials to their respective professional associations for 2.0 hours of continuing education credit if the content is applicable to the area of license renewal. However, the individual is responsible for determining whether this activity meets the requirements for acceptable continuing education for their discipline. In addition, you may be required to provide proof of attendance to the board upon request.